Welcome to the Mission High Eagle T-STEM Academy!
The Mission Eagle T-STEM Academy was first officially designated as a school-within-a-school T-STEM Academy in 2014. With the guidance of Educate Texas, the Eagle T-STEM Academy has seen significant growth and continues to adapt to meet the needs of its students and community. What began as a cohort of seventy-five 9th grade students in 2014 has blossomed to approximately six hundred Academy students.
Our Academy offers course pathways in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, and Health Science.
The Mission Eagle T-STEM Academy continues to build and grow both its exposure and recruitment through various successes including, but not limited to:
- Free TSI testing for Academy students
- AVID – STEM integration
- Associate Degree opportunities in Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, and Interdisciplinary
- Various Industry certification programs
- Student work-based learning opportunities
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW) courses in Engineering and Computer Science
- Academy teacher professional development via the Region One Service Center, UT OnRamps, UT Tyler (PLTW), and more
- T-STEM Academy teams selected to present at the Student by Student Technology Leadership Conference
- T-STEM Academy students participating and placing in the FIRST Robotics Competition
- NASA, United Launch Alliance, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, U.S.S. Lexington, and TSTC Challenger Center Field Trips
MISSION HIGH SCHOOL
Sandra Rodriguez, Principal
Melissa Garcia, Dean of Instruction
Maritza Cantu, Assistant Principal
Jesus Cantu, Assistant Principal
Cynthia Gonzalez, Assistant Principal
Annabel Moreno, Master Scheduler
Nora Longoria, CTE Administrator