Welcome to Mission High Eagle T-STEM Academy!
The Mission Eagle T-STEM Academy was first officially designated as a school-within-a-school T-STEM Academy in 2014. With the guidance of Educate Texas, the Eagle T-STEM Academy has seen significant growth and continues to adapt to meet the needs of its students and community. What began as a cohort of seventy-five 9th grade students in 2014 has blossomed to approximately six hundred Academy students.
Our Academy offers course pathways in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, and Health Science.
The Mission Eagle T-STEM Academy continues to build and grow both its exposure and recruitment through various successes including, but not limited to:
- Its first graduating class in 2016-17
- Expansion of the MCISD offering of a summer dual enrollment Algebra course to eligible 10th grade T-STEM Academy students
- T-STEM Academy teams selected to present at the Student by Student Technology Leadership Conference
- T-STEM Academy students participating and placing in the FIRST Robotics Competition
- NASA, United Launch Alliance, University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, U.S.S. Lexington, and TSTC Challenger Center Field Trips
- Free TSI testing for Academy students
- Dual Engineering pathway as well as other Associate Degree opportunities
- Various Health Science certification programs
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW) courses in Engineering and Computer Science
- Academy teacher professional development via the Region One Service Center and UT Tyler (PLTW)
MISSION HIGH SCHOOL
Edilberto Flores, Principal
Sandra Rodriguez, Assistant Principal
Lydia Hernandez, Assistant Principal
Melissa Garcia, Assistant Principal
Eric Gutierrez, Assistant Principal
Annabel Moreno, Assistant Principal
Nora Longoria, CTE ECA Admin